Friday, February 11, 2011

-Sierra is a Senior-
Setting out in the very dreary grey month of January.....Sierra (my daughter) and I decided to take some senior pictures. It is truly hard to believe that she is graduating from high school this year. It seems just yesterday I was dressing her up in cute little outfits sitting her in flower beds trying to get just ONE good picture.



I am going to try to post some of the oldies. Yes...it requires scanning...ugh.

Sierra was my inspiration to shoot. I just loved to take pictures of her! Seventeen years ago I decided to put one of her images in the Merced Fair and was SO surprised when I received Best of Show. I could not believe it! I was so excited to win I decided I should take a class or two and learn how to use the camera.

Enrolling in Allen Beymers Photography class at Merced College I found myself challenged by the assignments of light/line/shadow/texture. Somehow I always found a way to incorporate Sierra's picture into my assignments. I loved getting lost in the darkroom. There is nothing more exciting to see a plain white sheet of paper come to life in the darkroom. The framed mounted assignments are still part of my decor.

January is such a gloomy month and a tad bit depressing. A really good reason to get out and look for color. Mossy trees jump out of the damp, cold, woods. I hope you enjoy a few of my beautiful girl.







Pin It Now!

No comments: